Follow Me

Tuesday, September 30, 2014






THE $10 CASHMERE SWEATER

While we are still having a few warm days here in Minneapolis, the temperatures are definitely cooling off.  Fall has arrived, and I'm finding my self layering on lightweight sweaters.  I love this time of year when the season is just starting to change, and there is a cool crispness to the air.  We start the layering with beautiful cotton sweaters now, but all too soon we'll be switching to the warm, wool shetlands.  In between there is cashmere.  Lightweight and comfortable, yet very warm, it is the perfect sweater for this time of year.

I've shared before how much I love thrifting, and I must confess that I have spent hours searching through stores only to come up  empty handed, but then there are those moments when you find a rare treasure in the middle of the racks, like the sweater pictured above.  It caught my eye immediately as it was the perfect shade of blue for fall, was in flawless condition, and when I tried it on it fit amazingly.  It was love at first sight, but I was certain that the $10 price tag had to be a mistake, but sure enough, when I checked out that was indeed the correct price.  What a bargain!




I'm the first to admit that I often spend hours searching through thrift stores to no avail, but that is all wiped away when I find that one great treasure.  Thrifting can be time consuming, but if you're patient, it can also be an excellent way to add some great pieces to your wardrobe without breaking your bank account.


***Do you like to shop at thrift Stores?  Tell me about some of the                treasures you've found









No comments:

Post a Comment