Follow Me

Friday, September 5, 2014





BOW TIES FROM NECKTIES - YES OR NO?

Here's a twist on Bow Tie Friday.  A few months ago I started seeing several viral videos showing how to fold your necktie into a bow tie.  I must admit that I was stunned, and more than a little confused by this.  I’m still not sure why you would do this because I think the end result is bulky, and cumbersome looking, rather than the refined look one gets from a regular bowtie.  After that initial response I sort of forgot about this, and I guess I thought that it had fallen to the side . . . that is until now.

(Video from YouTube)

(Both photos from agreeordie.com)

Over the last couple of weeks I have seen three gentlemen wearing bow ties that have been made this way, and I have to say I’m just as confused by this in person as I was online.  They definitely do look big and bulky, and truthfully, a bit tacky for my taste, but that could just be me.  So for Bow Tie Friday this week I’m throwing the question out there.  What do you think of this new trend?



***What are your thoughts on bow ties made this way, and would you           wear them?















No comments:

Post a Comment