Follow Me

Monday, September 29, 2014







TARNISHED TREASURE

Yesterday I posted a photo of my Mom's childhood tea set, so today I thought I should give equal time to my Dad.  This tarnished and dented treasure is my Dad's baby cup.  Through use and abuse over the years it has sustained many dents and bangs, and the silver plating is worn and doesn't shine as it once did, but none of that matters to me.  In fact it's these imperfections that make it so endearing.  This is an antique showing that it has lived a good life, and the memories it carries are precious.  Just like my Mom's tea set, I treasure this wonderful gem from my Dad's childhood.  These small momentos give more depth to their lives, and keep their memories alive for me.


***What items keep the memories of loved ones alive for you?









No comments:

Post a Comment