Follow Me

Tuesday, September 8, 2015





OYSTERS AND LOBSTER ROLLS

To say I love seafood is an understatement, which means it should come as no surprise that I always enjoying exploring new seafood restaurants. A couple of weeks ago my friends, Tavis and Chris, went with me to Smack Shack. I was excited because I had been wanting to go there but hadn’t had the opportunity yet, and everyone I knew who had been there, gave it rave reviews. 



The evening came about because I wanted to try oysters for the first time (yes I know it sounds strange that I hadn’t had oysters before). Tavis is from Rhode Island and has a discerning taste for good seafood, so I knew that I wanted my first oyster experience to be with him, and he decided we would go to Smack Shack (he later told me that they have some of the best seafood he has found in Minneapolis).

My first time eating oysters was a success.

Located in a former warehouse in the fashionable North Loop area, the restaurant’s decore was amazing, with lobster traps adorning light fixtures and one wall, while reliefs of lobsters decorated another. What I found even more interesting though, is how this eating establishment came about in the first place.



Like a few other restaurants in Minneapolis, Smack Shack began as a food truck back in 2010.  Over time, its fans and following grew steadily, until finally, the restaurant became a reality. And what a reality it is.  Our meal was amazing!



We began with oysters so that I could have my first taste of them, and I must say I loved them. We had hoped to follow the oysters with their clam chowder, but they were out of it, so I ordered the lobster bisque instead, while Tavis and Chris ordered the crab cakes.  I tasted the crab cakes and really liked them, however I was a bit disappointed with my bisque. Don’t get me wrong, it was good, just not great.  My soup, however, was followed by one of the most delicious lobster rolls I have ever had, which made the whole experience incredible.

One of the best lobster rolls I've ever had.

If you haven’t had a chance to eat at Smack Shack yet, I suggest you take a trip to the North Loop to check them out. The experience is fun, and the food is amazing! The lobster rolls alone are ensuring that I will be eating there again and again.


***Where is your favorite seafood restaurant?












No comments:

Post a Comment