Follow Me

Sunday, September 27, 2015





FASHION WEEK MN: HOMME

As Fashion Week MN comes to a close, I’m pleased to say what a great success it has been. I attended Homme, the men’s fashion show held at Muse Event Center, and it was spectacular, highlighting local designers and businesses. Producers Sarah Edwards and Connie Mrotek can be very proud of a job well done.

Waiting for the show to begin.





I mentioned last week that I had a attended the Pre-Fashion Week Party for Homme at Food Building in Northeast Minneapolis, but that was just a hint of the incredible evening that awaited us last Wednesday.  

The wonderful Tom Horgen was our emcee for the evening.





When we arrived at Muse in the fashionable North Loop area of Minneapolis, the air was abuzz with energy and excitement. I hadn’t been to Muse before, but it turned out to be the perfect venue for the event. Everything form staging, to lighting, to video production, and even the cocktails were on point. From the moment I entered the space I knew we were in for something pretty amazing.


Five Watt Coffee was on hand to share . . .

 . . . Their cold press coffee, Big Watt. It was Delicious!



As an added treat, there was pop-up event with local vendors on the second floor. I’ve made no secret about how much I love supporting local small businesses, so I was pleased to see several of them represented that evening, both in the show and in the pop-up event.




Sarah Edwards and Connie Mrotek share a few words at the end of the show.



Minneapolis has a wealth of fashion talent and style, and yet, it was just a year ago when it seemed that fashion week might be coming to an end permanently, but thanks to the brilliant work of Sarah Edwards and Connie Mrotek, that proved not to be the case. If this year’s event is any indication, I can safely say that Fashion Week MN is in good hands, and is stronger and bolder than ever. Well done Ladies!


***Did you attend any of the Fashion Week MN events?










No comments:

Post a Comment