Follow Me

Monday, September 14, 2015







BEATRIX TURNS TWO

Those of you who know me, know about Beatrix, my cat, who is celebrating her second birthday this month. She came into my life in November of 2013, and has been a wonderful addition to my "family." Having grown up on a farm, I've always loved animals, and while I love both cats and dogs, cats are the better pet for me.




Beatrix is part of the Neighborhood Watch program.

With my hectic life and work schedule, I'm rarely able to be home at regular intervals to walk a dog, while cat's, on the other hand, are fairly self-supporting. Knowing this, and the fact that I'm not allowed to have a dog in my apartment, whereas, I can have a cat, I had been open to the idea of getting a cat for some time now.



Beatrix was a rescue kitten, and we don't know exactly when she was born, but our best guess is that it was somewhere between early and mid-September, of 2013, which means she is turning two. As I mentioned earlier, she came into my life when she was nine weeks old and has been my companion ever since. For the most part, minus a couple of Christmas Tree incidents, she's been a joy to have a round. There is something about pets that just soothes and nurtures our souls.


***Do you have a special pet?









No comments:

Post a Comment