Follow Me

Tuesday, December 30, 2014





READY TO FACE THE COLD NIGHTS!!!

Well we are once again approaching the new year, and our sub-zero temperatures have arrived in Minneapolis right on schedule.  Currently it is 5 degrees outside with wind chills hovering around -15.  It’s definitely time to pull out the warm clothes.

As I stay inside to beat this cold weather, one of my standard pieces of warm clothing is my L.L. Bean Slipper Socks.  I mentioned last year how much I love these slippers.  They have been a staple in my wardrobe since my college days – which is longer ago than I’d like to admit to.  Let’s just say I’ve been wearing them for a long time.


I’ve never been a big fan of the “shoe” styled slippers, so for a good piece of my life slippers were never part of my winter wardrobe.  That all changed when I discovered the Bean Slipper Socks.  They have the comfort of socks yet offer the sturdiness of slippers - a win/win situation in my book.

This fall L.L. Bean opened a store at the Mall Of America and I couldn’t be happier.  I stopped in there a week ago and picked up a new pair of the Slipper Socks, and I’m really glad I did, because just few days later our temperatures took a nosedive, and we entered “frigidland” once again.

Kicking back on a cold winter's night. (Photo from our archive)

As our temperatures remain cold throughout the winter, I know I can rely on my L.L. Bean Slipper Socks to keep me warm as I hunker-down inside.


***What are your favorite slippers for the cold weather?











No comments:

Post a Comment