Follow Me

Monday, December 15, 2014





YOUR FAVORITE HOLIDAY HYMNS

One of the things I love about this time of year is the music.  I easily find myself humming along to “ Silver Bells,” “Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer,” and “Christmastime Is Here” (from A Charlie Brown Christmas), or singing along with wonderful classics like “White Christmas.”  Yes the music of this season definitely brings me good cheer.

Besides these wonderful secular Christmas songs, there are the beautiful Christmas hymns that have endure over the years.  It seems that I have sung with choirs of one kind or another for most of my life, many of them church choirs where I have gained an appreciation for many of these timeless hymns.  Below are just a few of my favorites.  Please feel free to share some of your favorites as well.



















***What are some of your favorite Holiday Hymns?









2 comments:

  1. In the Bleak Midwinter. O Little Town of Bethlehem - I love the verse that begins, "How silently, how silently, the wondrous gift is given…"

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the Bleak Midwinter is one of my favorites too!!!

    ReplyDelete