Follow Me

Tuesday, December 16, 2014





GEAR, BEER, AND CHEER POP-UP SHOP

Over the weekend I attended “Gear, Beer, And Cheer,” a pop-up event at the new Lynlake Brewery.  Lynlake Brewery opened this fall in the space formerly occupied by Theater Antiques.  The space had been empty for several years, so it was nice to see a new business open there once again.  Lynlake is strictly a brew house so they don’t serve food onsite, however they have partnered with a few of the local food establishments who will deliver your order to your table.

One of my favorite bow tie creators, Mill City Fineries . . .

. . . Had a great selection of ties to choose from . . .

. . . As well as a new line of scarves.

How do I choose?

William Rogue & Co. had a wide variety of products available.



Some really fun socks.

I’ve mentioned before that I’m a big fan of pop-up events, as they provide outlets for small businesses who operate mostly online, to showcase and sell their products in person to the public.  I like them even more, because they feature and support local, small businesses – something that’s become very important to me over the years.

(Image from Lynlake Brewery's Facebook page.)


Sota offers an awesome line of casual clothing . . .

. . . But I especially loved their coffee mugs.

Canine accessories from Lucy & Co. included . . .

. . . Human clothing designed for dogs.


On Staurday I was able to reconnect with some of my favorites, Mill City Fineries, Marked Leather, and Willam Rogue & Co., as well as, new-to-me businesses like Sota, and Aman.  While the space at Lynlake Brewery seemed a bit cramped to accommodate the seven vendors, there was a sizable crowd that turned out for the event.

I love these light fixtures.

Beautiful lapel pins from Aman.


As usual, Marked Leather had any assortment of amazing leather goods.



Atmosfere was on hand with some wonderful clothing and products.


Pop-up events are one of the best ways to help small businesses market their products, and I am pleased to see so many of them happening nowadays.  Small businesses are truly the backbone of any community, and the more we can do to help support them, the better off we are.  As the hectic Holiday shopping reaches a frenzy in these last few days, I encourage you to shop the small businesses in your area.  It’s the easiest and best way to support your local community.



***Do you support the small businesses in your area?











No comments:

Post a Comment