Follow Me

Wednesday, December 24, 2014





BOW DOWN, GOOD CHERRY TREE

My holiday activities are never complete without attending The Rose Ensemble's annual Christmas concert.  It’s an event I look forward to each year.  This year was a bit sad for me, though, as I usually attend this concert with my friend Donna, who shared my love for this choral group.  Donna passed away suddenly last summer, and this was my first Rose Ensemble Christmas concert without her.  However, with that absence there came an opportunity, and I was able to take my friend John, who was experiencing the Rose Ensemble for the first time.

The doors of the Basilica welcome us.

The concert begins.

The concert was once again held at the Basilica of St. Mary, in Minneapolis.  I love this space for it architecture, which beautifully blends and balances grandeur and simplicity in an amazing way.  The acoustics are also wonderful, and the combination of both elements make the experience highly enjoyable.

A quiet reminder as we enter the final week of Advent.



This concert, “Bow Down, Good Cherry Tree:  A Garden of Medieval Music for the Nativity,” was a lovely collection of songs reflecting on the birth of Jesus.  I love how each year the Rose Ensemble is able to offer a new perspective on the season’s music, and I always find myself leaving the performance feeling refreshed, nourished, and re-grounded – a much appreciated feeling during this hectic time of year.


The Basilica altar in Advent splendor.

The Rose Ensemble’s next performance will be their Candlelight Concert in February which I never miss.  If you haven’t had an opportunity hear them, I encourage you to attend this concert.  It’s always quite spectacular.



What I wore to The Rose Ensemble's Christmas concert:                  

               Yellow Shirt:  Jos. A. Banks
               Red Cashmere Vest:  Macy's              
               Custom made Bow Tie:  The Bow Tie Shoppe
               Khakis:  Tommy Hilfiger
               Shoes:  Bostonian Cordovan Cap Toe
               Socks:  Polo Ralph Lauren
               
Watch:  Timex
               Watch Strap:  Brooks Brothers
               

***What are some of your favorite holiday concerts?












No comments:

Post a Comment