Follow Me

Tuesday, August 25, 2015





ANCHOR FISH AND CHIPS

One of my favorite food combinations is classic fish and chips. These two foods, so simple by themselves, are shear enjoyment to my pallet when paired  together ... provided they are done right. I’m always amazed at how difficult it is to find good fish and chips. Either the fish has an odd taste, or the batter is of a strange consistency, but rarely do restaurants get right.




One of the portholes on the wall between the restaurant 
and the hallway to the restrooms.

The one exception that I’ve discovered in Minneapolis is Anchor Fish and Chips. Anchor is most definitely my favorite fish and chip destination in the city, and I am always pleased with my meal. Located in a small pub in Northeast Minneapolis, an environment that adds to the charm of the experience, they consistently get it right, which accounts for the long line of customers waiting to be seated. You can usually plan on a 30-minute to an hour wait, but it is so worth it!



The always delicious fish and chips.


Over the weekend I was there with my friends Cynthia and Robert to celebrate Cynthia’s birthday. As it turned out we got there just in time to avoid the rush and were seated right away – once we were seated though, the line began to form. Even though they have several items on their menu, we all ordered the Fish and chips, which was once again delicious. This was Cynthia’s first time in Anchor’s restaurant. They also have a food truck which, up until this weekend, was the only place Cynthia had eaten their food. Her experience was wonderful.

The obligatory birthday photo through the porthole.


Anchor Fish and Chips is by far once of my favorite places to eat, and their food is always delicious, making it the perfect place to celebrate Cynthia’s birthday. If you like fish and chips, you will definitely want to check them out.

Photo Update: Anchor Fish and Chips also has a food truck.





***Where is your favorite place to eat fish and chips?











1 comment:

  1. I never order fish and chips. But now that you mention it, sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete