Follow Me

Sunday, January 18, 2015





UNDIE SUNDAY

My friend Judith volunteers with several homeless shelters and also helps with clothing drives to support those shelters.  A couple of Sundays each year she coordinates a drive through local churches to collect underwear for a men’s shelter.  The drive is affectionately known as “Undie Sundy.”

Over the years I've become a huge fan of boxers from Polo Ralph Lauren.

This term came to mind during my post-holiday shopping trip with my friend Connie, as I needed to replenish my own supply of boxers, and was pleased to find several pairs on sale.  While it may sound embarrassing to some, I will tell you that there is nothing quite like the feeling you get from pulling a brand new pair of underwear. 

I couldn't resist the sale on these great boxers from Calvin Klein.

I also find that better quality underwear will last longer than less expensive brands, especially when you have several pairs in the rotation – thus lessening the frequency of purchases.  So as I continue to feature my “new year” additions to my wardrobe, here’s a shout out to that most foundational of garments.  Happy Undie Sunday everyone!


***Do you have favorite brands of underwear?









No comments:

Post a Comment