Follow Me

Friday, January 30, 2015





THE BOW TIE SHOPPE ON WCCO

This week my friend Renee Larson, of The Bow Tie Shoppe, was featured on our local CBS affiliate, WCCO, so in honor of that, The Bow Tie Shoppe is my choice today for Bow Tie Friday.

As I’ve mentioned before, Renee is one of my favorite local bow tie manufacturers, so I was very excited to see her featured on our local morning show.  I first discovered her bow ties in the Minneapolis Institute of Art’s gift shop and have been a fan ever since.

(Photos from The Bow Tie Shoppe)

The interview did a wonderful job of highlighting her products – which also include handbags, pocket squares, and her new “bowlet” bracelets – and her sources of inspiration.  One source, her long standing love of classic vintage items, carries through today in the vintage fabrics she chooses for her bow ties.  

I own a few of her wonderful bow ties, and just last month, she made a custom bow for me to wear to one of my holiday events.  The tie was a great success.  

Renee makes all of the products herself, and The Bow Tie Shoppe is well on it’s way to becoming a Twins Cities standard.  I encourage you to stop by her website and check out all of the wonderful products available.  You’ll be happy you did.


***Are there local bow tie manufacturers in your city?











No comments:

Post a Comment