Follow Me

Tuesday, July 22, 2014





SEBASTIAN JOE’S ICE CREAM CAFE

This past weekend we celebrated National Ice Day.  I have to admit that when the summer temperatures start to rise, my favorite way to beat the heat is to reach for a bowl of delicious ice cream, but I’ve learned over the years that not all ice creams are created equal.  Shortly after I moved to Minneapolis, I discovered what is, for me, its most iconic ice cream shop, Sebastian Joe's Ice Cream Cafe, and I’ve been hooked ever since.


The line is long, but moves quickly, and is SO worth the wait!

The ice cream company was started in 1984 and has been serving up an assortment of flavors ever since.  Made in small batches, this premium ice cream is made with the highest quality, all-natural ingredients, and you can really taste the difference.



This visitor from Canada enjoyed a tasty treat.

This difference is why every evening there is a long line of customers winding through the adjacent seating area, waiting for that delicious delicacy.  Their friendly and helpful staff, however, does an amazing job of getting people through quickly, and I think the longest I’ve ever waited was twenty minutes - which included taste testing a few of the flavors.  While I may add a second flavor, I almost always get their Salty Caramel.  It’s definitely my favorite.

The Salty Caramel is by far my favorite flavor.

They currently have two shops in Minneapolis and both locations offer a wonderful environment to enjoy and savor this frozen delight.  After a night out with friends or family, I think Sebastian Joe’s Ice Cream Café is the perfect place to top off the evening.  Life’s cares just seem to disappear while you’re enjoying a cone or a bowl of your favorite flavor of ice cream.


***Where is your favorite Ice Cream shop, and what is your  
      favorite flavor?














No comments:

Post a Comment