Follow Me

Monday, July 21, 2014





GREAT INEXPENSIVE ART!!!

Who says decorating a home, or my case an apartment, has to cost you big bucks?  This is one of my favorite pieces of art hanging in my apartment.  What I love about it is that it looks very expensive, but cost me less than $20 total. 

It began with the beautiful needlepoint square, which I found for a $1 at the annual rummage sale at Temple Israel in the Uptown neighborhood of Minneapolis (a small investment for a very cool piece of needlework). 

A few weeks later I found the frame and mat on sale at Michael’s Craft Store for about $17 (maybe even less, I can’t remember now).  I matted the cloth in the frame and it was all set to go – a beautiful piece of artwork for a very small investment.  I’m always amazed by how many people like it and will comment on it.

Never be afraid to be creative when adding artwork to your home.















No comments:

Post a Comment