Follow Me

Friday, July 18, 2014





PRETTY IN PLAID

Lately I’ve been attracted to, and buying, striped bow ties.  There really isn’t any particular reason, it’s just what I’ve been doing, but that all changed when I saw this great bow tie from Bruno Piattelli.


I was walking past a store in the little shopping mall near where I live, when I happen to spot this tie on their mannequin.  I immediately went inside to check it out.  Normally I’m a little leery about buying lower end ties – I always worry about the quality and how long they will last, but this tie put my fears to rest.  Made from 100% silk it seems to be fairly well constructed, and looks to be as durable as my more expensive ties.  Plus I totally love the bright and vibrant colors of the plaid.


This tie reminds me not to let the price be the only criteria I use when purchasing a tie.  I have purchased some higher end ties that have not held up as well as I had hoped, and whose pattern I found matched fewer and fewer of my clothes as time went on.  This tie, however, is not only made well, its beautiful plaid colors are a basic pattern that will match many of my outfits for years to come.  

As we celebrate Bow Tie Friday, I’m happy to say that I totally love this new addition to my wardrobe.















No comments:

Post a Comment