Follow Me

Friday, May 8, 2015





FLOWERING ART PART 2

The Minneapolis Institute of Arts (MIA) is a true gem in the Twin Cities, and the quality of its permanent collection is first rate.  What I find most surprising though, is that the museum is still able to offer free general admittance every day (there is a small fee for featured and visiting exhibits). 

I love this Picasso Arrangement.


Lobster phone.




A beautiful interpretation of the lantern.




After not visiting the museum for many months, I found myself there twice in one week.  During my first visit I attended the Habsburg exhibit, and this time the Art In Bloom exhibit was on my agenda.



Flowering Frank Lloyd Wright.

Every dog longs for a fire hydrant.






The museum’s permanent collection is impressive, and it’s always fascinating to see several of those pieces interpreted in over 150 floral arrangements.










The Minneapolis Institute of Arts is a real blessing to our community, and I have several favorite pieces in their collection.  I have been visiting MIA ever since I moved here fourteen years ago, and it never gets old.  There is always something new and wonderful to stir my soul and fuel my imagination.


***Do you have a favorite local museum?






 




No comments:

Post a Comment