Follow Me

Friday, May 1, 2015






THE ART OF BOW TIES

I mentioned in an earlier post that the Minneapolis Institute of Arts is celebrating its 100th birthday this year, and is doing so in a variety of ways. One of those ways involves my friend Renee Larson from The Bow Tie Shoppe.



Renee has been selling her handmade, one-of-a-kind bow ties in the Museum's gift shop for some time now, and is well known to the folks at MIA.   In honor of their birthday, MIA has commissioned Renee to design a line of bow ties that are inspired by pieces in the Museums permanent collection.  That collection of bow ties is now appearing for sale in their gift shop.

This week, in honor of Bow Tie Friday, I’d like to showcase some of the bow ties that MIA commissioned from The Bow Tie Shoppe. 







In addition to the 100th birthday collection, Renee also offers an ongoing assortment of bow ties in the Museum's gift shop.



On the day I was there, I ran into my friend Chad who just happened to be wearing one of Renee’s bow ties.  While he was too shy to let me post his photo, he did consent to let me post a photo of his tie, which was custom-made for him from two of his long ties.  The end result is really beautiful!


Renee Larson at The Bow Tie Shoppe is one of my favorite local bow tie artists in the Twin Cities, and I am so happy to see this new collection at the Minneapolis Institute of Arts.  Be sure to stop by and check out these amazing bow ties, but do it soon before they all sell out.


***Do you have any art inspired clothing or accessories?













No comments:

Post a Comment