Follow Me

Monday, October 20, 2014





APPLE PICKING TIME

One of my favorite things to do during fall is to go apple picking.  The interesting thing about this is that it wasn’t something my family did as I was growing up, so I’ve “discovered” this activity as an adult, and I love it!

The adventure begins!

We were serenaded as we entered the orchard.


Our "carriage" awaits!

Pulled by a very different kind of horsepower.

While I love the actual picking of the apples and deciding which varieties I want, the best part of the adventure for me is spending time with friends as we enjoy the day.  The drive down to the Orchard was beautiful, as this year in Minnesota we’re experiencing one of the most amazing falls we’ve had in years.  The countryside was ablaze with shades of orange, red and yellow.


What a perfect fall day.


As we approach Halloween, I guess it was fitting that there was a graveyard 
on the other side of the fence from the orchard.

The hunters return victorious!

This year we went to Afton Apple Orchard.  While the afternoon was a lot of fun, the orchard seemed a little too commercial for my tastes.  There were long lines, and I didn’t really feel like we had the time to browse and shop.  There also wasn’t clear signage or directions on how things worked there, so that was a little confusing for us as well.  While we had a great time hanging out with friends, I think next year we will choose a less commercial orchard.


(Mike Beck contributed some photos to this post)


***Do you like to go apple picking in the fall?












No comments:

Post a Comment