Follow Me

Friday, August 1, 2014





ON THE DOT

In the movie Steel Magnolias, Julia Roberts’ character, while describing her wedding colors of “blush and bashful”, states “Pink is my signature color!”  I’ve always loved this line, mostly because I have to admit that pink is certainly one of my signature colors as well.


I definitely have a wide array of pink clothing in my wardrobe.  From shirts, to shorts, to socks, to ties, to shoes (yes even shoes), pink is well represented.  So it’s no surprise that I am always on the lookout for new pink items, but with a discerning eye, especially when it comes to bow ties.

While browsing at Nordstrom Rack a few weeks ago, I spotted an amazing bow tie from Penguin.  Made from a blend of cotton and silk, it was a vibrant shade of neon pink with small white polka dots, and I loved it immediately. 


I think what I like most about this tie is that it’s very understated, yet bold at the same time.  The pattern is classic, crisp, and simple, while the color is bright and eye catching.  Not too much of one or the other, but just the right blend, making this bow tie the perfect addition to my collection.


When it comes to choosing accessories for your outfits, don’t be afraid to take a walk on the bolder side.  That vibrant, pop of color you get from doing so may be just the thing that transforms your outfit from ordinary to extraordinary.



***What are your signature colors, and how do you like to 
      wear them? 














No comments:

Post a Comment