Follow Me

Sunday, August 31, 2014





KEEPING SUMMER FOOTINGS

Where did our summer go?  It seems like only yesterday that we were celebrating Memorial Day and making wonderful plans for the months ahead, and now we find ourselves at Labor Day.  Where did the time go?

Labor Day is often seen as the unofficial end of summer, and it’s certainly the last big holiday weekend of summer.  As school sessions start up again and vacations come to an end, we find ourselves beginning to think of fall, and (here in Minnesota at least) the dreaded first snows of winter.  Even knowing the inevitable will eventually come, I’m not so quick to give up on summer.


While I know there isn’t anything I can do to delay the need for layering on a sweater, there is one element of summer that I’m going to maintain for as long as I can – my Top-Siders!  While that may sound silly, for me it’s a psychological thing if nothing else.  It gives me at least the illusion of making summer last longer.

I recently added a great pair of Sperry “Cyclones” to my collection.  I fell in love with these shoes a while back and am happy that they are now in my rotation.  I love the dark tan and olive colors, which are the perfect shades for fall, and they’ll look great with jeans on those cooler days when I’m not yet required to wear socks.


I have these shoes in dark blue and tan as well, and they have been one of my “go to” pairs of Top-Siders throughout the summer.  As I’ve mentioned many times, I’ve been wearing Sperry Top-Siders for most of my life, and am pretty loyal to them, so when I find great colors that can carry me through multiple seasons, I get excited.  I’m using these great shoes as a way of holding on to summer for as long as I can after the Labor Day weekend.  Eventually I’ll have to let that go and accept the inevitable, but for now, I’m loving these shoes!




***What are your tricks for making summer last?












No comments:

Post a Comment