Follow Me

Tuesday, December 29, 2015





THE NUTCRACKER FANTASY

The holidays wouldn't be the holidays, without a production of the Nutcracker, and each year Minneapolitans look forward to Minnesota Dance Theater's production of Loyce Houlton's Nutcracker Fantasy. The show is performed at the historic State Theater, and Houlton's engaging choreography, brings Tchaikovsky's music alive in a new and vibrant way, providing a truly magical and spectacular evening.


The State Theater's interior is truly beautiful.





I attended this performance for the first time this year. My friend Anton, who is an amazing dancer and dances professionally, danced the role of the prince in this production, and so I went to see him.  Actually I've wanted to see this show for some time now, and the fact that Anton was dancing in it gave me the incentive to make it happen this the year.  I was not disappointed.



Anton, post-performance.

I love watching Anton dance, and have seen him perform with a couple of different companies here in the Twin Cities. His performance in the Nutcracker Fantasy was simply superb, and the production was definitely a highlight of my holiday season.


***Do you have a favorite production of the Nutcracker?










No comments:

Post a Comment