Follow Me

Monday, December 28, 2015





CHRISTMAS IN BAROQUE MALTA

One of my holiday traditions each year, is attending The Rose Ensemble's Christmas Concert. I've gone to it almost every year since moving to Minneapolis, and must admit that I've become somewhat of a Rose Ensemble groupie.








This year's Concert featured Baroque Christmas music from the Mdina Cathedral on Malta, and was spectacular. It was definitely one of my favorite Rose Ensemble performances that I've seen. The music soared through the beautiful interior of The Basilica of St. Mary in Minneapolis, creating a magnificent environment that seemed to both transcend, and soothe the soul. One of my favorite songs was Il-presepju tan-Milied, a piece specially commissioned for this concert, and the only selection sung in the Maltese language. It was simply beautiful.









I have a been a huge fan of the Rose Ensemble for many years now, and look forward to their Christmas concert each year. Founder/Artistic and Executive Director, Jordan Sramek's knowledge, combined with the musical talent of the group members, guarantees a performance of the highest quality, and an evening that you will remember for years to come.

***What are your favorite annual holidays concerts?










No comments:

Post a Comment