Follow Me

Tuesday, January 5, 2016






WORD RESOLVE

One of the blogs I follow had a guest post last week on New Year Resolutions. Rather than making resolutions that we find difficult to stick with, the author gave a few alternative ideas that we might try instead. One of these ideas, was to pick to pick a word to focus on for the year, using that word to guide the, hopefully healthy, decisions we make in the months ahead. Given how many New Year Resolutions I’ve made and failed at over the years, I thought this was an intriguing idea.

A day or two after reading that blog post, I happened to watch the movie, “Eat, Pray, Love,” again. At one point in the movie Julia Roberts’ character was asked what her “word” was? After stumbling with a few thoughts, it was decided that she was a woman in search of her word.

This reminder of about choosing our word started me thinking about this new year ahead. Rather than make another resolution  that I may possibly fail at, and beat myself up over, I’ve decided I want to instead, choose a word that will be my guide through these next twelve months. I will concentrate on that word in all areas of my life, and allow the universe to manifest it as needed.

With that in mind, I've been spending these first few days of 2016, reflecting on what that word will be.  I’ll keep posted on how it goes.


***What is your word the new year?












No comments:

Post a Comment