Follow Me

Wednesday, June 24, 2015





TIME FOR TIN FISH

In between the rain showers last week our weather was actually quite lovely.  For the most part our temperatures have been much cooler than the sweltering heat and humidity we often experience at this time of year.  My belief is that the many lakes within the city of Minneapolis, add to the humidity, which means summer can be quite sticky, but for now our weather is very pleasant.


This sailboat was taking advantage of the beautiful weather.

Fowl lunch guests.

Last week my friends Mary and Marion met me for lunch at Tin Fish Restaurant, in the pavilion at Lake Calhoun.  I hadn’t seen either of them for several months, so it was a great opportunity to reconnect.  As I mentioned, the weather was perfect, and we were able to eat on the patio while enjoying the sun and the view.


Lake Calhoun is truly lovely.


Lake Calhoun is only a few blocks from where I live and is my favorite lake in Minneapolis.  It’s also the largest lake in the city limits, which only adds to the beauty of the area.  Oftentimes, while dining, you will see boats sailing on the lake, and you are assured to be joined by several of the local waterfowl, who visit with hopes of sharing your meal.  The food at Tin Fish is always delicious, and I highly recommend the Lake Calhoun Lunch, which is my favorite. 

The line at Tin Fish is always long, but the food is definitely worth the wait.


As summer’s fun and activities increase, I suggest you take advantage of the lovely view of Lake Calhoun from the patio at Tin Fish Restaurant, and be sure to enjoy one of their entrees as you take in the view of the lake.  The experience is nothing short of wonderful.


***Do you have a favorite lakeside restaurant to dine at?











No comments:

Post a Comment