Follow Me

Wednesday, September 18, 2019





MEN'S WEDDING SHOES

This is a picture of my maternal grandfather serving as best man for his cousin-in-law's wedding. My grandfather and his cousin were close, and I have several photos of them together, so this comes as no surprise to me.



What I love most about this photo though, are the shoes that the groom is wearing. I'm intrigued by all of the buttons that were needed to secure them.  I also have photos showing that my grandfather wore similar shoes at his wedding, so I know they were the style at the time. 

Let me just say, that with all of the many wonderful styles of boots we have today, I am grateful for laces and zippers, and grateful that we don't have to fight with all of those buttons anymore.












No comments:

Post a Comment