Follow Me

Tuesday, August 16, 2016






AN ARTFUL WINDING DOWN

Once August first arrives, I can't help but be aware that summer is quickly coming to an end. In August, each weekend here, hosts a number of events that signal the steady move towards fall, and slowly acknowledge the changing season.








Hats for all occasions.







On the first weekend in August we celebrate the Uptown Art Fair.  It is one of three art fairs that take place over the course of a week, as the large crowds search for one-of-a-kind finds.






My friend Jen working on a painting.


Nothing says Minneapolis like . . .


. . . Valet bike parking!




The weather most years is very hot and humid, but this year it was much more bearable, as the crowd wound its was through more than six blocks of artist's booths, plus a number of artists inside Calhoun Square Mall, located at the heart of the festival.









I ran into my friend Larry, looking dapper as always.





The obligatory cheese curds.

With the arrival of August first, and the Uptown Art Fair, I acknowledge that summer is starting to wind down, and that I need to start planning for fall. It's the beginning of many festivals and fairs that lead us all the way to October, with its crisp air, and beautiful foliage. While I want to hold on to summer, August reminds me of what's to come.


***What events remind you that fall is on its way?










No comments:

Post a Comment