Follow Me

Monday, November 10, 2014





AND SNOW IT BEGINS

My birthday is this Friday.  Growing up in Iowa, I always wished for snow on my birthday, and usually it came through.  Oh sure a couple of times it was just flurries at 10:30 in the evening, but that was enough to count by my reckoning.  As I’ve grown older, that urgency for snow has fallen by the wayside and I find that fluffy white powder less and less desirable.  In fact, the longer it waits the better.



I bring this up because today we are experiencing not only our first snowfall of the winter, but also our first major snowstorm of the year.  Winter has decided not to slowly ease us into it grip, but to grab us with full force.  The snow is still coming down as I write this, and the news stations are predicting that we could accumulate 6”-12” when all is said and done.


While I don’t know for certain how many inches of snow we’ll be getting, I do know that old Man Winter has definitely made his presence known.  I guess we will be having snow for my birthday this year.


***Have you had your first snowfall yet this winter?









No comments:

Post a Comment