Follow Me

Monday, June 2, 2014





STRAPPED FOR TIME

If you’re anything like me, there never seems to be enough hours in the day.  Whether it’s work meetings, errands for home, or social engagements, I always find myself running from event to event.  Without a doubt time is a precious commodity.

For me a basic, versatile, and dependable watch is necessity when keeping track of time commitments, however, given my personality, that doesn’t have to be quite as boring as it sounds.



There are a few things my friends will all agree about me.  First: I love color, second: I love accessories, and third, these first two often go hand-in-hand.  When it comes to accessories, one of things I like most are watchbands.



I tend to wear ribbon strap bands that can be changed out easily depending on my outfit and I’ve been wearing them for quite awhile now.  I like them because they offer a variety of colors and are flexible enough that they can be changed out often.

This navy and yellow strap . . .

. . . was the original band that came with the watch.

When I first purchased my watch – a very basic Timex – it came with a navy and yellow strap.  Since then I’ve added a few more, and there are several others that are on my “to get” list.

In addition to the original strap, I’ve added four others from Brooks Brothers.  The colors and patterns of the Brooks Brother’s straps match many of their other accessories and clothing, which makes them the perfect complement to many of my outfits.  My only complaint is that I wish they were just a little bit wider, but truthfully they work just fine as is.

These are the wonderful Brooks Brothers straps.


Other than Brooks Brothers, I’ve found it difficult to find additional watch straps in my area, so I have begun searching online.  I’ve come across two websites that carry a broad range of colors and looks.  The first is Cheapest Nato Strap. I have only ordered one from them so far, but have been really happy with it.  It was the exact shades of navy and pink I was looking for.  I will definitely be ordering more from them.

This great pink and navy strap came from Cheapest Nato Straps.


The second source I found is Central Watch but I haven’t had a chance to order from them yet.  They look to have a fairly large selection and offer a couple of different widths so I’m sure I will be ordering from them soon



As watch bands go, I prefer the ribbon straps.  They offer a large selection of patterns and colors, and allow me to change them out depending on my outfit of the day.  Keeping my watch basic and simple allows me the flexibility to add just the right amount of “pop” with a great colored watch strap.  If you haven’t tried wearing watch straps, I would suggest you buy a couple of basic colors to start with, and then broaden out to more daring colors as you are comfortable. 



The color, comfort, and flexibility of watch straps make them a wardrobe staple, and if you haven’t already, I highly encourage you to give these great accessories a try.  If you’re at all like me, you won’t be disappointed.













1 comment:

  1. I'd say the new Nato straps are way to small for the horns. Looks kind of tacky.

    ReplyDelete