Follow Me

Friday, May 30, 2014





LILACS: FRAGRANCE THROUGH THE ROOM

While daffodils and tulips may be the early heralds of spring, for me it is the lilac that makes it official.  They are definitely one of my favorite flowers in the spring, and I love their fragrant blooms that refresh my spirit and always put me in a relaxed and pleasant mood. 

Lilac bushes . . .

. . . line the sidewalks of Uptown.


Here in Minnesota our lilac bushes usually bloom in late April through early May, although this year they are blooming quite late.  We are past Memorial Day and the Lilacs bushes are just now coming into full bloom.





I’m actually pretty excited about the late blooming this year as now the lilacs are bridging the seasons as we head toward summer.  Lilacs have always been one of my favorite spring flowers, and now their beautiful fragrant blooms not only fill my room, but carry me into the summer fun ahead.


I am thinking of the lilac-trees,
  That shook their purple plumes,
And when the sash was open,
  Shed fragrance through the room.
        
Mrs. Anna S. Stephens—The Old Apple-Tree















No comments:

Post a Comment