Follow Me

Wednesday, October 23, 2013





IT’S ALL IN THE DETAILS: SHIRTS AND SOCKS

A while back at a work meeting, one of the women who attends came over to me at the break and said, “So I have to ask you.  What color are your socks?”  I looked at her a bit confused as I answered “Pink.”  Her face lit up in a smile as she exclaimed, “I knew it! In fact I think I would have been disappointed if they hadn’t been.”

At first I was a little puzzled by this interaction, but then it dawned on me that I was also wearing a pink shirt.  Her question and response was based on the fact that I will often match my socks to the color of the shirt I’m wearing. 

Here are the infamous pink shirt and socks along with their navy counterparts.  Ralph Lauren Polo offers socks in a wide variety of colors which makes matching easy.

Next, the lavender shirt is paired up with socks from Goldtoe, will the gray shirt has 
matching socks from Calvin Klein.

I’m not sure when I first started doing this, but it has been going on for a number of years.  For me, it’s that extra step in paying attention to the small details - I do that with a number of my other accessories as well, but that will be another post.   For now I’ll just share a few examples of my shirt and sock combinations.

Finally, we see the combinations in olive green and yellow.  
The matching socks are again from Polo.

I like the look that is created when I match my shirts and socks.  That “bookend” effect gives a much more finished look to my outfit, and shows that I care enough to go that extra step.  For me, the difference between being dressed, and being well dressed, truly is in the details.













No comments:

Post a Comment