Follow Me

Thursday, October 24, 2013





THE FOLIAGE OF FALL

While I love all of the seasons of the year, I think fall might be my favorite.  I love it when the air starts to feel cool and crisp, and the leaves turn lovely shades of red, orange and yellow.  The colors give us one last blast of beauty before winters chill covers everything with a mantel of white.




While summer sun brings with it a host of outdoor activities, here in Minnesota, it also can bring unbearable humidity.  People here will sometimes retreat indoors, enjoying the comfort of their air conditioning, to escape the often brutal heat and humidity, so when the breezes of fall begin it's a much welcomed event.




In The Great Gatsby, F. Scott Fitzgerald said, “Life starts all over again when it gets crisp in the fall.”  For me this is true.  Once the cooler weather tempers the summer heat, I feel a tremendous excitement.  I look forward to layering on warm cozy sweaters, and spending time sitting around bonfires and fire rings.  There is a renewed energy all around, and I love to bask in it.

Fall by Lake Calhoun.



Here’s hoping that you will have time to enjoy the spectacular show of color that Mother Nature offers us each fall.

The sumacs tress are the first to change colors once fall arrives.


*This photo of a railroad bridge over the Mississippi River was added later to this post.




“Life starts all over again when it gets crisp in the fall."

—F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby












No comments:

Post a Comment