Follow Me

Sunday, December 23, 2012



CHRISTMAS GREENS (WITH A DASH OF WHITE):  A HOLIDAY OUTFIT COMPLETED

Red and green are the traditional Christmas colors and when it comes to dressing for the Holidays I like to incorporate them into my attire.   I mentioned a few weeks ago that I was planning my outfit for Christmas and posted a photo of the traditional Christmas reds that will make up my ensemble - a red cashmere sweater vest and a silk Royal Stewart tartan tie.


Now I’d like to focus on the green part of my Christmas outfit.  Pictured here on the right is a great pair of green wide wale corduroy pants from Lands’ End.  The color, fir green, is the perfect shade of green for the Holidays, and the all cotton material is soft and ensures they will be comfortable to wear throughout the day. These pants, along with the red sweater vest and tartan tie, will be matched with a white cotton buttoned down shirt (pictured on the left).

To complete the look I’ll wear a pair of cordovan cap toe shoes and a vintage pair of red Christmas socks with holiday penguins.  The socks add a touch of subtle whimsy and fun to the look.


Now that all of the pieces have been assemble, my outfit is complete and I’m all ready for Christmas - let the party begin!  I hope that all of you have the happiest of Holidays, and a wonderful new year.




No comments:

Post a Comment