Follow Me

Saturday, October 27, 2012



PULLING THE WOOL OVERS ON ME


A few weeks ago I ordered two sweaters from Wool Over, a company out of the UK.  I had never ordered anything from them before, nor was I familiar with their merchandise, but thought I’d take a chance.  Yesterday my sweaters arrived, and I must say, I am very pleased.




As I’ve mentioned before the weather here in Minnesota has turned quite a bit colder this past month, so the addition of two new wool sweaters was most welcomed.  The first of the sweaters is a Nordic style in navy and white.  I really like the look of this sweater and immediately wore it last night as I got together with friends.  Several people commented on it which always a good thing, but what I liked most was how warm it was.  As the temperatures dropped I stayed warm and comfortable.  Layering with this sweater will be wonderful as well and will keep me even warmer as winter continues to arrive in full force.

I have seen other Nordic style sweaters but so far I’m really liking this one the best.  Time will tell how it wears, but so far I like it a lot.  Also, purist that I am, I like that it is 100% wool, as opposed the wool/rayon blends that are available.  I tend towards all natural fibers for my clothes.




The second sweater is an Aran wool, Irish fisherman, cable sweater.  I have wanted one of these sweaters for quite a few years but just never managed to get one, so when I was ordering the Nordic sweater it seemed like the perfect time to order one of these as well.  This sweater is available in a number of colors but I prefer the traditional cream color.  Again, just another way that I’m a purist.  

This sweater is classic in its look and fit, and is always a good choice in colder weather.  Both of these sweaters are made from British wool.  Wool is just one of the core fibers it’s tough to beat, and should be a staple in everyone’s wardrobe. For me for me it is the “go to” fiber for winter comfort and warmth.  

So far I’m very pleased with these two sweaters from Wool Over.  The real test will be in how well they wear and how warm they continue to keep me in the subzero Minnesota winter.  I’ll keep you posted.





No comments:

Post a Comment