Follow Me

Saturday, September 29, 2012


THE COLORS OF FALL PART TWO

SOLID FOOTINGS

According to the dictionary, footings are the foundations on which things are established or built, but I think this definition applies to things beyond architectural structures.  For me, this applies to dressing as well and there are certain elements of an outfit that are foundational.  It’s the smallest details that can make or break an outfit, and those same details that can give it a spark of life. 

Over the years I’ve learned that one of the best ways to add a spark of life to any outfit is to choose the right pair of socks.  Socks are wonderful.  They can add that sudden surprise of color that will make an outfit “pop” and make people take notice.  They also help to tie the whole look together.

Fortunately, men are no longer saddled with only tired, boring colors like black, brown, navy and grey.  Don’t get me wrong, those colors definitely have their place, but there is a much wider pallet of colors for men to choose from nowadays, which makes it much easier to pull together outfits that are fresh and smart.

Years ago, fresh out of college, I discovered crew socks from Ralph Lauren Polo.  I immediately fell in love with all of the colors and how I could use them to create looks that were crisp and finished, and in my opinion, awesome.  That love of these socks has continued over the years and as new colors are introduced they often find their way into my wardrobe.  At this time of year those colors reflect the beautiful hues all around me in nature.



Pictured above are some of my favorite Ralph Lauren Polo socks in wonderful fall solid colors.  From left to right we have denim, rust, eggplant, olive, and red.  All of these shades give a warm and rich accent to all of my outfits.  They are versatile, and lend themselves perfectly for any occasion, from casual to a bit dressier.  They work equally well with jeans, chinos or dress pants while adding a refreshing touch of color.  Pair them with a matching or coordinating sweater, shirt, or tie and the look is complete.


This time of year is ablaze with color so why not let that be your cue when dressing.  By adding socks in a variety of fall colors you’ll definitely establish great looks and be on solid footings for the whole season.

No comments:

Post a Comment