Follow Me

Thursday, June 23, 2016




AN ARTFUL THROW BACK

For Throw Back Thursday, I'm throwing it back to May, and the Northeast Minneapolis Art Association's annual Art-A-Whirl.






Artist and architect, Amro Sallam, also designs small, hexagon homes.

Bejeweled mirrors.


Over the years, Northeast Minneapolis has gained quite a reputation as an arts community, and is now home to hundreds of artist's lofts and studios. The three-day annual Art-A-Whirl weekend is one the most anticipated, and heavily attended, events of the summer.



I love this painting by artist, Andree Tracey.

My friend Gabby is excited with her purchase.

Don't feed them after midnight.

One fish, blue fish.

"Here's to the ladies . . .

. . . Who drink!"

This year friends and I visited the artists in the Northrup King Building. Although I was there two of the three days, I know that I only saw a fraction of the artists in the building. You can could easily spend the entire weekend in that building alone.


Eerie dolls.

More eerie dolls.



These animated pieces were fun.



The Northeast Minneapolis Art Association's annual Art-A-Whirl event, is one of the most amazing ways to introduce yourself to a variety of art styles and mediums. It is definitely the highlight of early summer.


***Do you have an event similar to Art-A-Whirl in your area?











No comments:

Post a Comment