Follow Me

Friday, February 21, 2014





WINNING BOW TIES!

In the past year I have been fortunate enough to have won two amazing bow ties via online contests.  Just a few short years ago that would have seemed odd to me given my uninformed knowledge of social media, and yet today I seem to have turned that completely around as I peruse through several social media venues per day.

That being said, I’ve never been one to enter contests of any kind, and the idea of entering contests online seemed even sillier to me as the odds of winning would not be great.  However, when the product is enticing enough, the odds go out the window and I’m ready to give it a try.  The result of a couple of these contests ensured that I would add two amazing bow ties to my collection.


Last fall I entered and won a “Midwest Preppy” contest.  The winning prize included an amazing light blue gingham bow tie from Northstar Neckwear.  Northstar Neckwear is a Minnesota based business which only added to the fun of winning - I like being able to support and promote local businesses.  This great tie is perfect for summer gatherings and events and I can’t wait to wear it once our weather warms up.


The second tie, the “Moss” from Brier & Moss, I won over the Holidays.  I entered the contest because I fell in love with this beautiful rep striped tie in hunter green, navy, yellow and red.  It’s perfect for the office as well as both casual and dressier events, and complements so many of the outfits in my wardrobe. 

I’ve never been a big fan of entering contests but I’m certainly glad that I am starting to change that philosophy, especially when I have been the recipient of two such awesome ties!











1 comment: