Follow Me

Friday, January 10, 2014




WHEN ONLY LILLY WILL DO

It’s no secret that I now have a kitten, Beatrix, and we are currently going through the often awful kitten stage.  She is at one moment calm, serene and cuddly, and at the next wild, unruly and into and on EVERYTHING!  I know that she will eventually settle down as she gets older, so we just need to get through this first year or so.  However, she is just a little over four months old so we have a ways to go.


One thing that I have noticed is that we were destined to be together.  She has turned out to be quite the preppy cat and with impeccable taste I might add.  I’ve mentioned before how much she loves my Sperry Topsiders and LL Bean Rubber Moccasins - she cuddles and covets them whenever they are left out.  She also seems to love Brooks Brothers.  Several times over the Holidays I’ve seen her sneaking into my Brooks Brothers bags to see if there’s anything in there for her.

So when I started to think about getting her a collar, I knew no ordinary collar would do – she’s far too discerning for that - so I was left with a dilemma.  Fortunately Google knows everything, and a quick search helped to solve the problem.


After a few searches I was directed to Etsy and introduced to Lillyduds, out of Austin, Tx.  Lillyduds takes beautiful Lilly Pulitzer fabrics and transforms them into amazing cat collars.  The one I chose is made from the Let’s Cha Cha print which was sewn onto a Kelly green webbing to give it strength, and closes with a wonderful pink breakaway clasp.  It even comes with a little silver bell.


Lillyduds offered the perfect solution to my problem by providing a Lilly Pulitzer cat collar in the appropriate shades of pink and green - a collar to make any prep cat proud.  And Beatrix?  She seems quite content with it.













No comments:

Post a Comment