Follow Me

Tuesday, February 2, 2016





A NIGHT AT THE OPERA

Last Saturday evening, my friend Art and I attended the Minnesota Opera's production of Rusalka, at the Ordway Theater. It had been several years since I had been to the opera, and this was the first time I had gone after moving to Minnesota, so I was really looking forward to it. I also had never seen Rusalka.

Our seats offered a great view of the stage.

The beautiful interior of the Ordway Theater.

I absolutely loved the performance. The first thing that struck me was how amazing the sets were. They were just beautiful. Secondly, the cast was strong, and incredibly talented, in fact the entire performance was just so well done.

The one thing that bothered me a little, was the storyline. At first it seemed shallow and lacking, but after a conversation with a coworker who saw it the next day, it all made perfect sense to me, and I loved it.

The lighted trees outside the theater offered lovely view during intermission.

Rusalka was the perfect performance for me to experience the Minnesota Opera for the first time. The cast was first-rate, the sets were amazing, and the entire performance was simply stellar. I definitely will be attending another production.


A Little Color For The Opera:
          Mint Green Shirt:  Polo Ralph Lauren
          Yellow Sweater Vest:  Brooks Brothers
          Bow Tie:  The Bow Tie Shoppe
          Pocket Square:  The Bow Tie Shoppe
          Navy Blazer:  Vintage Wool And Cashmere


***What are some of your favorite operas?









No comments:

Post a Comment