Follow Me

Sunday, March 24, 2013




BROOKS BROTHERS:  A WALK THROUGH 
200 YEARS OF HISTORY!!!

As most of you know, Brooks Brothers has fast become my favorite store!  I love pretty much everything they sell, and am fortunate to have a store near me here in Minneapolis. 

Brooks Brothers, unlike many retailers today, has a very long and time honored history that goes back almost 200 years (they were founded in 1818), and has retained a well earned status as an icon of style and tradition.  I highly recommend you stop by their store or visit them online.

A few weeks back I was reading CollarRoll’s posts on Twitter (I read his Oxford Cloth Button Down blog religiously), when I was alerted to an article at Gentleman’s Gazette on the history of Brooks Brothers.  Naturally I HAD to check it out.  This is probably one the most informative and well written pieces I’ve read on Brooks Brothers, and so I’ve decided to share it with you.  I also highly recommend that you visit Oxford Cloth Button Down and Gentleman's Gazete's sites, as they are a wealth of knowledge and information as well.

If you love Brooks Brothers as much as I do, or if you just want to know what the heck I’ve been talking about for so long, I suggest you check out this article.  I hope you will enjoy it as much as I did, and will become a Brooks Brothers shopper like me.









No comments:

Post a Comment